Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Our Story {Sarah's Side}


I thought that it would be interesting for Andrew and I to blog about how we started dating. Here is my view of the story:

Andrew and I met at camp in the summer of 2009. He taught me air rifelry while I was in the camper in leadership training program (CILT). I had a little crush on him during CILT but I thought that it probably wouldn't go anywhere. Summer ended and I went into grade 10, and throughout the whole year I knew that I liked Andrew but that I was not old enough or mature enough to date, so I tried to push those feelings down.

Staff training in 2010 begins, and I still have a crush on Andrew, but I didn't think he would ever like me back (I'm far to awkward and weird). Towards the end of the summer we ended up teaching activities together. This was fun but also was really awkward for me. I still did not think he liked me. Summer ended and Andrew asked for my cell phone number (which was normal, staff people keep in touch throughout the year).

School started and one day (I can't remember exactly when) Andrew started texting me. We kept texting pretty much every day, and then one Saturday Andrew asked me if I wanted to come to the fair with him. Of course I said yes! I went to the fair with him and his friend Alex (I would later find out that Alex knew that Andrew liked me and purposefully tried to make us feel awkward, it worked). I had a great time. I wrote in my journal later that week "I had a blast. After he (Andrew) drove me home and walked me to the door. J (I literally drew a happy face) I kind of like him. A lot."

We went bowling together once in between the fair and me going to his youth group. He high fived me in between every single shot. I creamed Andrew.

October came around and we had been texting a lot and I kindof thought that he might like me but I was not sure at all. On October 21st (according to my journal) I went to Andrews youth group for the first time. It was tons of fun. When we were driving home, Andrew blurted out that he liked me. Here is what I wrote in my journal, "We were driving back and we had just pulled in front of my house and he said 'I had a really great time tonight' and I said 'Yeah, me too.' And then he said 'I really like you'". I think Andrew was surprised that he had said it out loud. He said that he hadn't really planned anything else to said and that we could talk about it some other time.

That other time was after his youth group the next week. He said that he wanted to date me but he wanted to ask my dad's permission first. (isn’t he the sweetest!) Unfortunately my dad was away for work until that Sunday, so he wouldn't be able to ask until then.

The next day (October 29th) Andrew came to my youth group because my youth group was going to a corn maze. Andrew's superb navigation skills kept us from getting lost.  My friends made him feel awkward (as all friends would). We hung out and talked until my curfew.

Sunday (October 31st) rolled around and Andrew invited me to go to his youth group for Trick or Eats (that’s where you go trick or treating, but for canned food instead of candy, and you donate the food to the food bank). Andrew came early to ask my dad's permission. My dad said yes and on the way to youth Andrew asked me if I would go out with him. Of course I said yes!

And the rest is history :)

2 comments:

  1. So fun to read this :) And you KNOW why you guys were in the same activities right? That wasn't a coincidence haha. Loving the blog - I have been considering starting one as well. So great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I found out later that we were intentionally put into activities together. And you should totally start a blog! I know I really enjoy it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...