Tuesday, July 15, 2014

DIY: Paper Flower Centerpieces {Part 1}


Shortly after getting engaged Andrew and I committed to the idea of having all paper flowers at our wedding. I saw several different weddings on pinterest where they decided to do paper flowers and it really made me want to do it. I don't think I fully realized 1) How long it takes to make 1 flower, 2) How many flowers go into one bouquet/centerpiece. But my heart was set on it, and now that the flower making process is over, I am extremely happy with how it turned out. Here is the first of two DIY tutorials on how to make paper flower centerpieces.

You Will Need:

-Paper (we used scrapbook paper from Micheals and we bought 200 pieces of it)
-Glue (Liquid glue and hot glue)
-Jars
-Skewers
-Buttons
-4" Styrofoam balls
-Spray Paint
-Ribbon
-Scissors
-Sand

Instructions:

1) Make flowers by following this tutorial. We made 672 flowers total. It took us a long time. Andrew helped by cutting all the paper for me, which was much appreciated.

This isn't even all the flowers
2) Hot glue skewers and buttons to the flowers. I went to Lens Mill and bought a bunch of white buttons from their bulk bins, I also had a bunch in my sewing room that I used.

3) Spray paint jars desired colour (Andrew did this for me) and fill the jars with sand. We did this since we thought the flowers would make the centerpieces top-heavy and we didn't want them to tip over.

4) Hot glue the styrofoam ball to the top of the jar.

5)Tie the ribbon under the ball

6) Stick the paper flowers into the styrofoam until it is cover in flowers

There you go! It's pretty easy to do, but VERY time consuming. I am SO thrilled with how they turned out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...